Friday, August 8, 2008

DEKALB'S OWN NICK ARCADE DROPS HIS INFLUENCES


First and foremost I’m influenced by good music. It doesn’t really matter what genre if it’s good music I can feel it and be influenced by it...I’m also heavily influenced by Television because I grew up watching a whole lot of it it was kind of my third parent....I’m also influenced by the things I see in film, literature, etc. I’m inspired by so many things and in turn permanently inspired... The Beatles (3 Favorite Albums..Abbey Road, The White Album, and Revolver), Miles Davis,Sade,The Roots, Erykah Badu,Lauryn Hill,A Tribe Call b.ed Quest, Dilla (R.I.P), N.E.R.D, OutKast (The Love Below is classic), The De La Soul, The whole Native Tongues Movement, Pharoahe Monch, Rakim,Jay-Z, Nas, B.I.G, Pac, Blackalicious, Murs , Foreign Exchange, John Legend, Musiq, Kanye West, Common, The Neptunes ,John Coltrane, Monk, Davis, David Axelrod, Curtis Mayfield, Marvin Gaye, Donnie Hathaway, Bill Withers, The Doors, The Wu, Dj Premier, Portishead, Snoop, The Gorillaz,Jimi Hendrix, the great Bob Marley, Little Brother,Radiohead,The Whole Justus League, MF Doom, Vik Vaughn, Madlib, Slum Village, Dj Dangermouse (The Grey Album is classic), I dig Coldplay, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Jack Johson,DMB, John Mayer, Seal..etc...I could really go on and on so I won’t... http://www.myspace.com/thatkidshered

No comments: